Assisted living residences can now utilize the National Guard COVID-19 testing services that were previously available only to skilled nursing facilities and rest homes. This program has been expanded to allow for in-house testing of ALR residents with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. In order to utilize these services, a prescriber must order the tests and the prescriber must be involved in order to do so.
The requests for tests will be managed on a first come, first served basis, prioritizing them in the order they are submitted. Please reference the specifics of the program at the link below, as well as the form to be used for submitting requests for COVID-19 testing.
We have researched alternative testing options available to assisted living communities and have identified the sites below, as listed on the DPH website.
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Massachusetts – April 6 – this list is from the Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health website under the FAQ section. www.mass.gov/info-details/frequently-asked-questions-about-covid-19#is-there-a-list-of-places-where-i-can-get-tested-for-covid-19-if-i-think-i-have-symptoms
Do you need a test to determine if you may have COVID-19? The testing sites below are available by appointment only. If you believe you may need a test, first contact your health care provider. If he or she recommends that you should be tested, but their facility cannot offer the test, obtain a referral and contact one of the facilities listed below. You may need to undergo an additional eligibility screen before you can be tested.
If you have a clinician’s referral, contact one of the sites below to make an appointment. These sites do NOT take walk-ins and require an appointment.
Testing Facility Contact Information:
- AFC Urgent Care Swampscott (781) 790-4281 450 Paradise Road, Swampscott, MA 01907
- AFC Urgent Care Waltham (781) 412-7096 1030 Main St. Waltham, MA 02451
- AFC Urgent Care Stoneham (781) 905-8092 16 Main Street Stoneham, MA 02180
- AFC Urgent Care North Andover (978) 548-6843 129 Turnpike St. North Andover, MA 01845
- AFC Urgent Care Arlington (781) 262-3260 1398 Mass. Ave., Unit #31, Arlington, MA 02474
- PhysicianOne Urgent Care, Westwood, (781) 736-1800 211 University Ave, Westwood, MA 02090
- PhysicianOne Urgent Care Chestnut Hill, (781) 736-1800 1210 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- PhysicianOne Urgent Care, Waltham, (781) 736-1800 1019 Trapelo Rd, Waltham, MA 02452
- PhysicianOne Urgent Care, Medford, (781) 736-1800 4110 Mystic Valley Pkwy., Medford, MA 02155
- Carewell Urgent Care Tewksbury (978) 851-4683 345 Main St, Tewksbury, MA 01876
- Carewell Urgent Care Peabody (978) 826-5950 229 Andover St, Peabody, MA 01960
- Carewell Urgent Care Billerica (978) 362-2443 510 Boston Rd, Billerica, MA 01821
- MedExpress Urgent Care, Chicopee, (413) 533-3049 1505 Memorial Dr, Chicopee, MA 01020
- Just opened April 7, 2020 – A rapid testing site in Lowell, parking lot of the Showcase Cinemas, 32 Reiss Avenue, Lowell, MA. Offering on-the-spot COVID-19 testing and results at no cost launched on April 7, 2020. Overseen by licensed health care providers from MinuteClinic, the retail medical clinic of CVS Health.
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, (Boston main campus), (617) 724-7000 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital (Chestnut Hill campus), (617) 724-7000 850 Boylston Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, (617) 667-7000 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
- Massachusetts General Hospital (617) 726-2000 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114
- UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus, (508) 334-1000 119 Belmont St, Worcester, MA 01605
- CPU Norwood Hospital (781) 769-4000 800 Washington St, Norwood, MA 02062
- Tufts Medical Center (617) 636-9500 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111
- Berkshire Medical Center (413) 447-2000 725 North St, Pittsfield, MA 01201
- South Shore Hospital (781) 624-8000 55 Fogg Road, South Weymouth, MA 02190
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc (413) 582-2000 30 Locust Street, Northampton, MA 01060
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center (617) 789-3000 736 Cambridge St, Brighton, MA 02135
- Holy Family Haverhill (978) 374-2000 140 Lincoln Avenue, Haverhill, MA 01830
- Morton Hospital (508) 828-7000 88 Washington Street, Taunton, MA 02780
- Carney Hospital (617) 296-4000 2100 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA 02124
- Emerson Hospital (978) 369-1400 133 Old Rd to 9 Acre Cr., Concord, MA 01742
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital (508) 222-5200 211 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703
- Lawrence General Hospital (978) 683-4000 1 General St, Lawrence, MA, 01841
- Lowell General Hospital Saints Campus, (978) 937-6000 1 Hospital Dr, Lowell, MA 01852
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth, (508) 746-2000 275 Sandwich Street, Plymouth, MA 02360
*The information provided in this COVID 19 update is solely for general informational purposes to assist in understanding the evolving guidance regarding the current COVID 19 public health threat. It is not intended to be a primary public health or medical resource, but is provided as a clearinghouse for or compilation of various guidance issued by official and related sources.